CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 5, 2008

What exactly is quality time anyway?

Where do all our days off go? Today is Saturday and my husband and I get this one day off a week together. Ideally this would mean we would spend quality time together with our daughter, but, it never quite seems to work out like that. So far today we had to go to a meeting at work, which wasn't a bad thing at all, but still, it took up a little bit of our time. Then we came home and it dawned on us that the chores aren't going to do themselves... so we thought we would spend just an hour or so in the yard and maybe wash the car. Here we are some 3 hours later and still up to our noses in chores. As I look to the evening, there are several more tasks to be done so I say, bah on the whole "day off" thing. I've always said my husband works harder on his days off than he does when he's working. Atleast we are all together and in a sense, that makes our time spent together to be our own family quality time.

5 comments:

tori said...

i know what you mean. we are just now getting home from the great-grandma's bday and it is already almost time to get the kiddos ready for bed. we still have our chores to do as well, but i already told my family we are doing chores tomorrow..... glad to see you posting again. oh and i fixed my font on my last post.

t

Jen said...

Some of our best "quality time" is spent doing "Chores" as you call them. (working out the yard mostly).
I am elated that you are blogging!

Domestic Diva said...

Yea! I am glad you joined blogger world....did you get my email about our scrapin' contest? we will work out the kinks...I hope!


Chores are a drag, but they are a bigger drag when you have to do them alone!

Wish I could come scrapbook w/y'all this Friday :( Happy Birthday too you though :)

Logzie said...

Hi Teya!

Welcome!! I know exactly what you mean...sometimes you just want to be a kid again with no responsibilities! Ha! :0)

Jen said...

Hey! Love the new pic at the top! That's adorable!