CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 14, 2008

NT in a Year

I want to inspire you to read the Word with me this year. I know that there are several plans to read your Bible in a year and if that works for you... great! But for me, it was always too time consuming and I found myself just skimming through the daily readings so I could hit my quota before the day was over. If I missed a day or two, I was so pressed to "catch up" that I would eventually stop trying. So, I found a way to read only The New Testament in a year. I pray and ask God to feed my spirit with His Word and then, since I only read 1 chapter a day, I can take my time and let the words "sink in" as I read them. My husband and I have even been reading to Belle after dinner. It's a wonderful thing to see her asking questions as she learns scripture. I am very excited about it and I hope you will be too.

Here is how it works:
Every week if you read 5 chapters (starting in Matthew), you will have completed the entire New Testament in a year's time. I love it because you only read 5 nights out of the week, so if you miss 1 night, it's easy to catch up. Today I am on Matthew 10. I wake up and almost can't wait to read my chapter. I believe that as I put the Word in... daily, it will produce results in my life as well as your own if you make the commitment to read your Bible too.

Happy Reading!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

WOW!!! What a TERRIFIC idea! I think I will start implementing this TONIGHT! I am totally excited about what this will do for our family! Thanks T for the idea!
Ps. I completely know what you meam about trying to read the whole Bible in a year. I've done that exact same miss-a-day and then try to catch up and feel stresed out because there's too much-thing. This NT idea is perfect!

tori said...

waiting for a NEW POST!!!!!